- A slab or plaque, as of stone or ivory, with a surface that is intended for or bears an inscription.
- A thin sheet or leaf, used as a writing surface.
- A set of such leaves fastened together, as in a book.
- A pad of writing paper glued together along one edge.
- A small flat pellet of medication to be taken orally.
- A small flat cake of a prepared substance, such as soap.
- To inscribe on a tablet.
- To form into a tablet.
A tablet PC is a laptop or slate-shaped mobile computer, equipped with a touchscreen or graphics tablet/screen hybrid to operate the computer with a stylus or digital pen, or a fingertip, instead of a keyboard or mouse.
This form factor offers a more mobile way to interact with a computer. Tablet PCs are often used where normal notebooks are impractical or unwieldy, or do not provide the needed functionality.